About Aisling Piercy
My journey into the helping profession began back in 2003. In 2007, I qualified from Dublin Institute of Technology with an honours degree in Social Care. Since then, I have worked as a Social Care Practitioner predominantly working with people experiencing homelessness.
Some of this experience includes family work, one-to-one key working, group work, crisis intervention, mentoring, advocacy and support.
In addition to my degree in Social Care, I also hold a Dip and BA in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Based in Co. Meath, I own and manage The Healing Harbour, counselling and psychotherapy services.
What I offer
I offer a safe, confidential, non-judgemental space to discuss and explore any issue that may be causing you distress or difficulty.
I recommend at least six sessions to gain maximum benefit from the counselling process. However, every person’s needs are unique and this is always respected.
My particular areas of interest and expertise are:
Anxiety, Abuse, Bereavement, Childhood Issues, Challenging Negative Thoughts, Depression, Grief Counselling, Homelessness, Identity, Maternal/Paternal Mental Health, Pregnancy Related Issues, Parenting, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem, Suicide & Trauma.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social Care
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Licensed Eating Freely Practitioner
- Binge / Emotional Eating Disorder Specialist
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Children First – National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children
- Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA)
I am a fully accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and I follow their code of ethics.